VOLUNTEER DURATION AND COSTS
BACOP has both short and long-term programs for volunteers, meaning that volunteers can spend anything from two weeks to several weeks.
BACOP Volunteers will help in building Energy Saving stoves made our of Local Materials in the Local Communities, Teaching at school, Coaching /Inspire kids at Balamu football Academy, water projects (water sources), building community school classrooms, and rendering services to community health centers.
As things move a lot slower in Uganda, you have to be realistic about what you can achieve. You won’t be able to change the world, but you can make a significant impact on some people lives.
|Program cost||Costs in Us Dollars|
|2 weeks||US $600|
|4 weeks||US $800|
|6 weeks||US $1100|
|8 weeks||US $1,400|
|10 weeks||US $1,700|
|12 weeks||US $ 2,000|
BACOP is a nonprofit making organization we operate on the volunteer’s cost, your money will be put on the right cause in supporting our program in our community.
- Pre-service (e.g. culture, health talk, program orientation, training etc);
- Accommodation, Laundry and food during placement with at BACOP volunteer house (3 meals a day);
- Regular follow up support
- Support for local staff and volunteers;
When a volunteer arrives in Uganda, our program Director meets you at the airport and brings to our orientation place in Mukono. From that point our volunteers spend a day in our orientation program. This training provides volunteers with a very detailed understanding of how to be acquainted in Uganda’s Life and culture.
If you are interested in participating in our volunteer program, write to us and we will work with you to identify your best placement options in Uganda!
The program fee excludes the following activates.
- Transportation during weekends travel
- Airfare, Visa and Visa extension fee
- Personal travel and sightseeing (trekking, jungle safari etc);
- Internet access, telephone, drinks or other costs accrued during training and placement;
- Gifts to project staff and host family, if you wish to buy any;
- Should you wish to spend more time in Uganda pre and post placement period, please remember to budget accordingly!
- Travel and medical insurances, immunization, health expenses;
- You will also need a weekly budget of up to US $50-$200 to cater for all your other expenses.